Pediatric Center Volunteer Support
Provide support to staff by making copies and assembling patient education packets, cleaning and organizing patient toys, watching and playing with siblings and patients during parent education sessions.
You will enjoy this position if you:
- Love to play with children,
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy smiling,
- Want to make a positive difference in a child’s life,
- Enjoy being around children,
- Are comfortable working with a diverse group of children and adults,
- Are reliable and responsible,
- Are 18 or older,
- Can successfully complete TB screening and a background check.
The usual hours of service are:
- A minimum commitment of four hours per month,
- Volunteer opportunities are available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. and 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
As a volunteer you will:
- Spend time playing with children and making their visit a more enjoyable experience,
- Assist in keeping the play areas organized and tidy (sort the crayons),
- Have the opportunity to perform different duties each day keeping it varied and fun,
- Work with the entire staff to ensure patients enjoy their visit to the center.
The volunteer will:
- Receive an orientation from Volunteer Services to the Institute's purpose, functions and policies/procedures as related to the volunteer’s work at the Institute,
- Receive training from the assigned supervisor to ensure that the volunteer is comfortable with the assigned duties and essential functions of this position.