Early LEarning Center
Siskin Children's Institute has operated the Siskin Early Learning Center for more than 60 years. The center educates children with special needs and developmental disabilities, such as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and autism spectrum disorders, as well as typically developing children in an inclusive environment where children learn and play together.
The Siskin Early Learning Center has 14 classrooms which incorporate the Engagement Classroom Model that utilizes incidental teaching, zone defense scheduling, and integrated therapy into the child's day.
ABOUT SISKIN EARLY LEARNING CENTER
- Low teacher-student ratios
- Highly trained teachers and staff
- An integrated teaching model with related services support provided as indicated within the context of natural routines
- Full-time nurse on staff
- Every moment is an intentional teaching opportunity
- Children learn in a predictable, loving, and safe environment
- Children of all abilities grow and develop to their full potential by engaging in developmentally appropriate activities, being exposed to multiple instructional approaches, interacting with peers, and developing relationships in and inclusive environment
- Children learn through engaging play that encourages curiosity, exploration, investigation and discovery.
ACCREDITATIONs AND CERTIFICATIONS
Siskin Early Learning Center (SELC) is a TN STAR Rated Center committed to earning and maintaining accreditations and certifications in the areas of early childhood development and special education. Our staff implements best practice methodologies in the classroom to provide the highest quality early childhood learning environment possible and to comply with IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) standards. The SELC is licensed by the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, is an approved Tennessee Category 1 private school and approved by the Tennessee Department of Education as a Child Care Center.
Siskin Early Learning Center is funded through Siskin Children's Institute and through contracts with the State of Tennessee and the Hamilton County Department of Education.