The Siskin Center for Developmental Pediatrics specializes in the care of children with developmental disabilities. Our team provides evaluation of a child’s functioning in numerous areas including their development, social skills, learning, behavior, and daily living activities such as eating and sleeping. We seek to identify each child’s strengths and challenges, then offer treatment recommendations and connection to resources to address the needs unique to this child and family.
Developing a treatment plan for your child is beneficial in many ways. A plan provides the family with a road map for services and further assessments that may be required to clarify diagnostic impressions. This may include referral to other specialists, diagnostic labs and imaging, therapy services, psychometric testing, as well as suggestions for behavioral and environmental modifications.
Who We Serve
We serve children with a wide variety of developmental conditions, including:
- Autism spectrum disorders (including social skills interventions)
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (including therapies to address executive functioning and behavioral difficulties)
- Speech and language delays and impairments
- Motor delays and impairments
- Preterm infant developmental surveillance
- Down syndrome and other chromosomal developmental impairments
- Learning challenges (identification and recommendations through psychometric testing)
- Intellectual disabilities
- Sensory integration dysfunction
- Sleep disturbance in young children (including bedtime refusal, delayed sleep onset, insomnia)
To make a medical referral click here.