Our Evaluation & Assessment Services
The Siskin Center for Developmental Pediatrics- Nasvhille specializes in the care of children with developmental disabilities. Our Nashville medical team, led by Dr. James Van Decar, provides evaluation services focused on a child’s functioning in numerous areas including their development, social skills, learning, behavior, and daily living activities such as eating and sleeping. We seek to identify each child’s strengths and and support their challenges by offering treatment recommendations and connection to resources to address the needs unique to each child and family.
By partnering with your child's primary care provider or pediatrician, we can work together to provide the best care possible for each child. If you have concerns about your child's development, talk to your child's pediatrician to see if a referral to the Siskin Center for Developmental Pediatrics- Nashville is right for your child.
Who We Serve
We serve children with a wide variety of developmental conditions, including:
- Autism spectrum disorders (including social skills interventions)
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (including therapies to address executive functioning and behavioral difficulties)
- Speech and language delays and impairments
- Motor delays and impairments
- Preterm infant developmental surveillance
- Down syndrome and other chromosomal developmental impairments
- Learning challenges (identification and recommendations through psychometric testing)
- Intellectual disabilities
- Sensory integration dysfunction
- Sleep disturbance in young children (including bedtime refusal, delayed sleep onset, insomnia)
Medical Providers: To make a medical referral click here.